Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More Big News!

Hi everyone,

I'm so impressed that some of you are still reading my blog after several months of no posts!

So we had our ultrasound this morning. . . and the baby looks very healthy and normal . . . and its a BOY! So Grandpa Bailey is very happy today.

I'm so relieved that he looks healthy and normal after that stupid blood test came back positive for an elevated risk for Downs, etc. We knew there are a lot of false positives, but it still makes you nervous.

I have to admit I was kind of hoping for a girl, so I'm just adjusting my reality here. But I'm just so happy he looks good and I already love the little guy. Abby seemed pretty happy when we told her, although earlier she said she wanted a sister. Lately she loves all babies, any flavor.

Mike has just gone down to Kinko's to fax his acceptance letter for the job! Whew, what a day! Another company was saying they wanted to make him an offer too this morning, so we had to choose and that was really hard. But we feel good about our decision. What a huge blessing it is.

Thanks for all your prayers and love! I've got to pack up to go to Mike's parents for the night, but I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

I am so excited for you guys! What a great day!! It's so weird to think about having a boy...let me tell you. :) I am sure Abby will be a great big sister and he will love being the only princess in the house.

rachel said...

Congratulations you guys! You're going to fall in love with him. Christian's my little boyfriend. There definitely is a different dynamic between mother/daughter and mother/son - both absolutely wonderful!!
SO happy for you guys. Love ya.

Paula said...

Fantastic news!!! I'm soooo happy for you guys, on the baby and job front! Love ya!